Step One: Obtain rabies vaccination certificate
The Delta County animal license is directly based on the rabies vaccination certificate for the animal:
- If the animal is not vaccinated, the animal cannot be registered for a Delta County license.
- If the rabies vaccination is a one-year vaccination, a one-year license may be purchased. The one-year license will expire on the date the rabies vaccination expires, not one year from the date of purchase (if they are not the same date).
- If the rabies vaccination is a three-year vaccination, a three-year license may be purchased. The three-year license will expire on the date the rabies vaccination expires, not three years from the date of purchase (if they are not the same date).
Step Two: Provide us with the rabies vaccination certificate
Unless instructed otherwise, we’ll take your name, address, and phone number from the rabies vaccination certificate, so if any of the information on the certificate is not what should be associated with your animal license, let us know.
To turn in your animal’s rabies vaccination certificate:
- Present the certificate physically to our public window in the Delta County Building, or
- email a picture/scan of the certificate, or
- fax a picture/scan of the certificate to (906) 789-5171, or
- mail a physical copy to us.
Step Three: Payment for the license
|One Year||Three Year|
|Male Dog||$20.00||Male Dog||$50.00|
|Female Dog||$20.00||Female Dog||$50.00|
|Unsexed Dog||$10.00||Unsexed Dog||$25.00|
|Male Cat||$10.00||Male Cat||$20.00|
|Female Cat||$10.00||Female Cat||$20.00|
|Unsexed Cat||$5.00||Unsexed Cat||$10.00|
Note – If there are 5 or more animals in a household, a kennel license may be obtained from the Sheriff’s Office, please call the Sheriff’s Office at (906) 786-3633 for more information
To pay for the license:
- Present cash or check at the public window for the Treasurer’s Office in the Delta County Building (credit/debit card may be used for an additional service fee), or
- a check may be mailed or dropped in our drop box, or
- online payment may be made at Govpaynow.com. For online payment – under the category ‘tax year being paid’, please type in “Animal License”. Under ‘property/parcel number’, please fill in the type of license being purchased.
Step Four: Issuance of the license
Once the rabies vaccination certificate and the payment are received by the Treasurer’s Office, the animal license will be issued. The animal license includes a sheet of paper with the license information printed on it, and an aluminum tag for the animal’s collar. It can be picked up at our office, or mailed, as preferred.